- Please note that information we receive when you send this form will only be used to contact you regarding your request.
My name is Ruth Barrett and I am a Counsellor at CTC Psychological Services.
I have completed a Level 6 Diploma in Counselling and have achieved a Distinction in Child Development which is a part of a B.A. (Hons) Psychology degree. I have also completed a PGCE in Secondary Education with a Specialism in Religious Studies and Philosophy and I have over two decades of experience in working as a qualified teacher. I am a member of BACP and possess enhanced DBS.
Therapy and Assessment Work
I am employed by CTC Psychological Services where I am involved in providing therapeutic intervention to both adults and children. This also involves observing and conducting parenting and general psychological assessments on a diverse client base (i.e. children, young people, adults and families), which incorporates comprehensive psychometric assessment and observing clinical assessment.
This work involves multi-agency referrals and working in close association with external professional agencies.
Summary of Psychology Related Training & Qualifications
Child Development Module as part of a B.A. (Hons) Psychology Degree
Diploma in Counselling – 2011 – 2012
M.A. Clinical Counselling – 2016 – 2019
This qualifies me as a Counsellor to work with children and adults.
– March 2019 – Attendance at a workshop held by Dr Anna Constantine on the topic of sex and sexuality in counselling practice
– December 2018 – Attendance at a workshop held by Dr Tracey Clare on the topic of BACP Ethical Guidelines in Practice
– October 2018 – Attendance at a Workshop held by Andrew Reeves of BACP on the topic of Suicide Prevention and Risk Assessment
– September 2018 – Safeguarding of Young People within Education Training
– September 2018 – Prevent Strategy Training
– September 2018 – Ofsted Training in relation to the provision of counselling for adopted children
– September 2017 – Baby Brain Development
– September 2017 – Attachment in Practice
September 2017 – The People Kept Below – Study of Dissociative Identity Disorder
– September 2017 – Environmental and Family Influences on Brain Development
– September 2017 – Traumatic Brain Development
– September 2017 – The Dissociated Child and Imaginary Companions
– September 2017 – Attachment and Trauma Learning
– September 2017 – Trauma and Brain Behaviour
– September 2017 – Optimising Learning in Traumatised Children
– March 2017 – Attendance at a workshop held by Dr Nicola Forshaw on the topic of Counselling within IAPT Services in the NHS
– February 2017 – Attendance at workshop held by Dr Nicole Forshaw on the topic of CBT
– January 2017 – Attendance at workshop held by Dr Anne Lé Surf on the topic of Psychodynamic Approaches in Counselling